Whether your big day is one year away, or you haven’t gotten engaged yet, it’s never too early to start planning your dream wedding. Once you have a grasp of your personal style you can decide on theme and design. Floral arrangements add a special touch of elegance and beauty to your wedding venue and overall experience.
To ensure that you have the best experience, it is best to start discussing your floral arrangements with your florist as soon as possible. Consider the following factors when ordering wedding flowers:
- Guest List/Venue Size – The amount of centerpieces you will need is dependent upon the size of your venue and how many guests or tables you have.
- What kind of flowers you want- Before heading to the florist, do some research on what type of flowers you want at your wedding.
- Season of Wedding- It is important to consider what flowers will be in season when you plan your wedding. A special order for flowers may take more time which is why you want to establish this ahead of time.
- Wedding Party Size- There is no rule to how many bridesmaids and groomsmen you can have but this is decision will affect the number of bouquets and boutonnieres you will need.
Ordering in advance will ensure that you have time to coordinate your flowers with the venue and wedding apparel.
What’s My Budget
According to Brides.com, you should commit 10 percent of your overall budget to your floral arrangements.
Flowers are a huge part of weddings and are included in several aspects in the ceremony. Here is a list of the different types of flower arrangements you may need:
- Bride’s bouquet
- Groom’s boutonniere
- Bridesmaids’ bouquets
- Groomsman boutonnieres
- Father and grandfather boutonnieres
- Mother and grandmother corsages
- Cake flowers
- Ceremony flowers
- Trellis flowers
Every ceremony is special and your floral needs will depend on your wedding venue, guest list and personal style.
Flowers are a crucial part of the overall beauty of your wedding and they will live forever in your photos. At Cole’s Flowers we are dedicated to your happiness. Our wedding consultants will work with your specific style and budget to bring your special day to life.